Monday, November 30, 2015

Dont judge a book by its cover

I was always fascinated by digging deep into each and everything. To those who have read my older posts, might realize how jobless I am. One thing I wanted to experiment on this blog was to write about my personal experience rather than writing about the intense scientific facts related to food, and today, I actually took up the initiative!

For some reason, my family hates outside food and even if I take up the initiative to eat outside, we probably end up eating in one of the fast food joints.

One unusual Friday evening, my dad asked if mom prepared anything for dinner, and as it was evening, my mom didn't prepare anything for dinner (my mom usually starts cooking around 8:30 pm). A sudden brightness rose in my dad's face, he told us "my friend told me there is this restaurant in Al Quoz, it seems that their preperation is tradional afghan style. My friend also told me that they served one of the best cooked food (non-veg) in Dubai!".

On hearing this, we were quite satisfied to try eating in this place and to eat something different rather than the usual chicken burger or fried chicken.

We reached there around 9 pm and to our surprise, the place was extremely messed up. It was truly the worst sight you could imagine of a restaurant.
It was extremely shabby and so dirty that you don't even feel like stepping inside.

Me and my family were in a sudden shock, we couldn't believe we mad this decision. We even started making plans to just go to a fast food joints.

After a mighty struggle, my dad convinced us to try since we went all the way there. We somewhat accepted it and stepped in with every bit of regret.

We founds a table and we sat with so much discomfort. Except for my dad, none of us knew what to order. My dad ordered something which we could share and eat.

After waiting for about 15 minutes, the food was served and "oh my god!" was the first thing I could say on seeing what was on the plate. It was beautiful, and as we started to eat, it's taste made us forget the atmosphere. All of a sudden, we did not care about the ketchup stains in the table cloth, the food on the floor, not so neat cutlary set, nothing really mattered.

Trust me it was one of the best meals I had and now I really wouldn't mind visiting this place again for the food they offer. This was actually the only time the atmosphere was neglected by me in a restaurant.

I hope you enjoyed reading my experience in a very unusual setting, specially in Dubai.

By the way, it's gonna be exactly 1 month by 12 am and during this one month, we got 1.3K views! Thank you for supporting us and we look forward to entertain you with more amazing content.

We actually thought of something special for 1 month anniversary of this blog but due to exams and preparation for exams kept us extremely occupied. So we though we'll do something special for Christmas and New Year and apparently we are out of ideas!

So guys do put your suggestion below in the comment section and let us know what you think of.

Until next time
-Abubakr Sajith

1 comment:

  1. The title of your entry says it all: Don't judge a book by its cover!
    Generally people wouldn't dare to come out of their comfort zone and try something different.....
    It was good hearing about your experience.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you.